The older I get, the more I comprehend how important the concept of Self love really is. The basis for any good relationship with another, is a good relationship with yourself. This is easier said than done, of course, and something that I am still working on. I have struggled with anxiety, depression, and body negativity for years, so self love has always been a foreign concept to me. Now, as I fall into a self-proclaimed quarter life “rut”, I am realizing how important it is that I love myself, that I am confident in myself, and that I see my own self worth.
Enter-affirmations. Affirmations are essentially statements of encouragement. So, Self Affirmations are essentially statements of Self Encouragement.
While society teaches us statements of “I can’t”, or “I’m not”, affirmations are statements of “I can” and “I am”.
These statements are a great way to boost self esteem, enhance self confidence, and ultimately lead a more positive life.
The way that you talk to yourself can determine everything, from the outcome of your day, to the decisions you make. If you wouldn’t say something to your best friend, why would you say it to yourself? We are our own worst critics. Positive thoughts have the power motivate you, and ultimately, the power to produce positive outcomes. You cannot control the way others talk to you. You cannot control the way that others think of you. You can, however, control the way you talk to yourself, and the way you think of yourself. You have the power. You have the control. You have it!
You can implement affirmations into your life in a variety of ways. I am a visual learner, so the best way for me to implement these positive statements is for me to see them on a daily basis. I write them down, I print them out and tape them to the mirror, I hang them in my cube, and I save them as my phone wallpapers. Journaling is another great way to implement affirmations. Use them as journal topics- start with the statement and write about a time when you felt that way, or implement them into a bullet journal by listing them each day. Stand at the mirror and repeat them to yourself. You can literally implement them any way you like, any time you like.
Affirmations can be generic, or they can be customized to you as a person.
Below are thirty self affirmations to get you started on your journey to self love.
If you want to keep them in your home, office, or anywhere for that matter, I have included 10 full-page printables of some of my favorites. You can get them for free by clicking Here!
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am worthy of love
- I can overcome any obstacle life throws at me
- I am intelligent
- It is okay to love myself
- I can do anything, even if I cannot do everything
- I believe in myself
- Positive things happen to me
- I am proud of myself
- I forgive myself for my mistakes
- Someone will always see me as an enemy, but I am not a bad person.
- I am enough.
- My body is beautiful no matter what society thinks.
- I am fun to be around.
- I am unique and cannot be replaced.
- I am meant to have a life of happiness
- I deserve happiness
- I have the power to make my days good
- My life has purpose
- I am proud of who I am and how I live my life
- I cannot control events- only how I react to them
- I choose to react positively to negative situations
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I am strong.
- I may have a bad day, but I do not have a bad life.
- I am stronger than my challenges
- All of life’s challenges only make me stronger
- I have come this far, and I can keep going
- I have the ability to achieve my dreams
- It is not selfish to do what is best for me
Affirmations are just one of the several things you can do on your journey to self-love.
How do you implement affirmations into your life?
Until Next time,